The Japanese wave is slowly reaching places far away from its origin. Nowadays, regions in Asia and Europe are developing a love for Japanese animation and manga. If you’ve ever searched for ‘anime stores near me or ‘anime stores in Toronto,’ you can stop because we’re listing down the best places to buy anime merch in Toronto, ON, Canada.
If you’re from New York, better check out this article here as we have curated a list of 20 manga stores in New York. Coming to manga stores in Toronto, there over 8 of them, and you can easily find your favorite anime merch, manga volumes, and collectibles items.
But before looking at the ten stores, let’s go on a virtual tour of the five popular stores that would provide you with abundant anime and manga in Toronto.
Top 5 manga and anime stores in Toronto
Yorkdale Shopping Centre
Yorkdale is a blessing for anime lovers. It contains comics, games as well as a lot of items for DC as well as Marvel fans. It also has small stores like Disney and all.
Location: 3401 Dufferin Street, Toronto, ON M6A 2T9, Canada.
It’s known for its wide range of anime movies, books, model kits, toys, and figurines. For Gundam fans, the model kits by Bandai are also available there. Apart from that, Kaiju, Kamen riders, Akumaizer, Spectreman, and many more tokusatsu staffs
Location: 315 Spadina Avenue, Unit H, Toronto, ON M5T 2E9, Canada, Chinatown, Downtown Core.
Just You Sarah & Tom
Are you looking for anime accessories and K-pop merch? Sarah and Tom would then suffice your craving for Asian accessories, items related to K-pop, unofficial albums and merch of k-pop, anime trinkets (buttons, figures, stuffed toys), Asian character items, Korean stationaries, Korean posters, Korean stickers, stray kids album and many more.
Apart from that, the shop also provides many soft and cute items for kids and adults.
Location: 624 Bloor Street W, Toronto, ON M6G 1K7, Canada, Koreatown, Seaton Village.
Navito World is a go-to place for an amazing otakus shop with friendly staff, considerable prices, and a wide range of anime merchandise.
Location: 1008 Danforth Avenue, Toronto, ON M4J 1M2, Canada, The Danforth.
The foremost purveyor of comics and graphic novels, this shop best satisfies the desires of the bookworms. It has fully loaded Drawn & Quarterly, Fantagraphics, Oni, etc., as well as DC, Marvel, Image, and Dark Horse IDW.
Along with the independent and mainstream publishers, it also sells zines, magazines, and books about comics. Though it is known for the Underground comix, it also has a nice stock of Golden Age, Silver Age, Bronze Age, and Modern Age.
Location: 319 College Street, Toronto, ON M5T 1S2, Canada, Kensington Market.
Top 10 anime stores in Toronto
Now that we’re done with the top 5 anime stores in Toronto let’s see the list of the top 10 anime stores you must visit if you live in Canada or are planning to visit it in the coming months.
- Yorkdale Shopping Centre – 3401 Dufferin Street, Toronto, ON M6A 2T9, (416) 789-3261
- AnimeXtreme – 315 Spadina Avenue, Unit H Toronto, ON M5T 2E9, (416) 979-0399
- Just You Sarah & Tom – 624 Bloor Street W, Toronto, ON M6G 1K7, (416) 535-4619
- Navito World – 1008 Danforth Avenue, Toronto, ON M4J 1M2, (416) 205-0008
- The Beguiling – 319 College Street, Toronto, ON M5T 1S2, (416) 533-9168
- Silver Snail Comic – 809 Queen Street W, Toronto, ON M6J 1G1, (416) 593-0889
- Cyber City Comix – 1025 Steeles Avenue W, Suite A North York, ON M2R 2S9, (416) 667-7592
- Sukoshi Mart – 300 Borough Drive, Unit 236 Toronto, ON M1P 4P5, (416) 433-7099
- MOTHERBASE – 108 29 Bellair Street, Toronto, ON M5R 2C8, (416) 926-1845
- Mumuso – 5095 Yonge Street, Unit B3 North York Centre Toronto, ON M2N 6Z4, (416) 546-8900
Want more? Below is the list of manga stores and anime shops in popular states and countries.