Anime and manga shops are always a paradise for every otaku in whichever country one life. Few places are popular enough to be well known by every weeb.
But still, there are a few hidden gems that are not known to most people but are presented.
It’s an otaku’s dream to visit a place full of goodies and manga to read. A place like Japan is rich in this field because it satisfies every need of an otaku.
But there are other places that one can surely visit and get a feel for actual anime and manga paradise.
But for this article, we will discuss places or shops you can visit while in Bangkok.
So, not wasting any time, let’s get started!
6 anime and manga shops in Bangkok
So the first place to visit is the store called “Ohayo.” Well, as every otaku knows, Ohayo means “hello” in Japanese, so it’s a good way of giving a name to a store that obviously greets you with many accessories and goodies!
The shop is near Bangkok’s Rod Fai Park, so you can always use Google Maps to find the location.
For more information, you can always visit its official Facebook page to learn about new arrivals for your shopping!
Store Address: 11522 Charoen Krung Rd., Khwaeng Bang Rak, Bang Rak, Bangkok 10500, Thailand.
2. Animate Bangkok
It’s one of the stores established to spread Japanese worldwide. It has more than 30,000 items related to Japanese manga translated into Thai.
Store Address: Room 7, 444 Phaya Thai Rd., Khwaeng Wang Mai, Khet Pathum Wan, Krung Thep Maha Nakhon 10330, Thailand.
3. Ba Ka Toon
One of the most popular franchises for every comics lover. They are always up-to-date with new goodies from popular franchises in many themes for their fans.
And this brand has a popular YouTube channel for discussing various fan favourites. It often organises events for its special guests.
Store Address: BA KA TOON, 442/11, Soi Ladprao 26, MRT Ladprao station exit 1, Chompol, Chatuchak, Bangkok 10900, Thailand.
4. DC Marvel Comics Thailand
So this shop is a paradise for anyone who loves watching classic DC movies.
The shop is totally dedicated to DC fans and full of accessories, goodies, and figurines at very affordable prices.
Facebook page: facebook.com/pages/DC-Marvel-Comic-Thailand.
5. Bee Comics
Another one of the most popular franchises is famous for its new arrivals. They regularly update their collections and accessories.
It is a lot of fun to go shopping every weeb.
Store Address: 1845, 1-4 Phahonyothin Road, Lat Yao, Chatuchak, Bangkok 10900, Thailand.
6. Kinokuniya Bookstore
As the name suggests, it’s an absolute heaven for every otaku and comic lover.
It guarantees 100 percent authenticity for all of its goodies.
Stores Address: The Dubai Mall, Level 2 – Unit SF – 098 – 99 Financial Center Rd., Dubai, United Arab Emirates
So that’s all for our article on anime and manga shops in Bangkok, Thailand; you can always visit their social media handles as they showcase their newest arrivals there! Want to check more manga buying guides? Check out our exclusive manga guides below.
Why you should read physical mangas?
Reading physical manga (as opposed to digital manga) can provide a number of benefits, such as:
- The feel of the paper and the cover art can create a more immersive reading experience.
- Physical manga can be collected and displayed on a bookshelf, which can be a source of pride and enjoyment for fans.
- Some people prefer the look of traditional print books to screens, and find reading physical books more comfortable.
- Reading physical manga can also be a way to support the creators and publishers of the manga.
- Some people find reading physical books to be more satisfying and helps to increase focus and concentration.
Ultimately, whether you choose to read physical or digital manga is a personal preference. Both formats have their own unique benefits, and it’s up to the reader to decide which one they prefer.
Best manga buying guides
- Check out these top 7 anime or manga stores in California, USA
- 20 manga shops in New York that every anime fan in the USA should visit
- Manga stores in China: how to find manga stores in Shanghai, Beijing, and Guangdong?
- How To Purchase, Rent And Download Manga In India
- 7 Manga Shops In London To Buy Your Favorite Manga And Anime
- How To Purchase Manga and Anime Figurine in the Philippines?